Motor vehicle inspection of amateur-built vehicles
The inspection regulations were changed on 20 May 2018.
Amateur-built vehicles are to be inspected according to the regulations for the respective vehicle type.
Amateur-built vehicles may be exempt from inspection if the vehicle meets the following criteria
- technology and appearance-mimicking vehicles that due to their age (50-year-old cars and 40-year-old motorcycles) are exempt
- and rarely or never used in traffic
- a valid and approved full motor vehicle inspection that is no more than 24 months old
- vehicles that have text code T12A and T12C
- if the above requirements are fulfilled, a registration inspection is necessary in order to obtain the T12BF text code that provides exemption from inspection.