Motor vehicle inspection of amateur-built vehicles
The inspection regulations were changed on 20 May 2018.
Amateur-built vehicles are to be inspected according to the regulations for the respective vehicle type.
Amateur-built vehicles may be exempt from inspection if the vehicle meets the following criteria
- technology and appearance-mimicking vehicles that due to their age (50-year-old cars and 40-year-old motorcycles) are exempt
- and rarely or never used in traffic
- a valid and approved full motor vehicle inspection that is no more than 24 months old
- vehicles that have text code T12A and T12C
- if the above requirements are fulfilled, a registration inspection is necessary in order to obtain the T12BF text code that provides exemption from inspection.
Are you satisfied with the information on this page?
Thank you for giving us feedback!