Registered professional importer and professional manufacturer

Anyone importing a large number of vehicles that have become registered in the Swedish Road Traffic Registry or who is the representative of a foreign vehicle manufacturer in Sweden can apply to be a professional importer with the Swedish Road Traffic Registry. Below you may find information on what this entails and how to apply. 

As a professional importer you may apply to register new vehicles with the Swedish Transport Agency without them having to be approved at a verification of origin. A new vehicle in this context refers to a vehicle that has never been taken into traffic.

Attach the following document to your application

  • A registration certificate issued by Bolagsverket (the Swedish Companies Registration Office). This certificate should not be more than 12 months old and should certify that you trade with and/or import vehicles.
  • An extract from Skatteverket’s (the Swedish Tax Agency’s) register proving that you are registered to pay value-added tax and that you trade with and/or import vehicles. This extract should not be more than 12 months old.
  • A list of registration numbers or vehicle identification numbers for those vehicles imported during the last 12 months or a supplier agreement. This agreement should be drawn up between you and a foreign vehicle manufacturer, a general agent or supplier of a certain vehicle make. This agreement should certify that you, the applicant, are the Swedish representative of the foreign company and that you will continuously be importing vehicles as well as contain information on how many vehicles will be imported. This agreement should be signed by you and the supplier.

Please note that used vehicles should always be approved at a verification of origin, even if they are imported by a registered importer.

Help us improve!

Please leave a review at Your Europe.

Logotype Your Europe