Change of ownership
If an aircraft which is registered in Sweden changes owners, an application for change of ownership has to be made.
The following documents are needed to make a change of ownership:
- Anmälan om äganderättsändring (L 1457) (Application for change of ownership, Swedish only), original document
- Fångeshandling (L 1691) or Bill of Sale (L 1686), original document or certified true copy.
- Certificate of Registration, original document
- Certificate of insurance according to Regulation (EC) No 785/2004, which shows the Swedish registration mark (original document or certified true copy). The insurance company must be approved by Finansinspektionen.
- Application for Exemption (only for companies or citizens with a nationality outside of the EEA (European Economic Area)) – original document.
- Change of registered information regarding fixed distress beacon ELT406. (L 1796)
We will also need the following documents of authority for:
Certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office, showing authorised signatories for the company. This document needs to be an original document or a certified true copy, and no older than 6 months.
For foreign companies a document is required which is equivalent to the certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office, or authentic documents where the country's notary public confirms the existence and authorised signatories of the company. This document needs to be an original document and can be no older than 6 months.
- Extract from minutes showing authorised signatories of the club. This document needs to be an original document or a certified true copy and can be no older than 12 months.
- Statutes (required if the flying club has just been formed or if the statutes have been updated).
- Birth certificate which shows citizenship. This document needs to be an original document or a certified true copy and can be no older than 12 months.
- Foreign citizens: certified true copy of a valid passport.
Radio transmitter license
When de-registering the aircraft you also need to contact the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS), as the aircraft's license for radio transmitter needs to be revoked by them. Application form and more information on how to contact them can be found on their website.
Swedish Register of Rights in Civil Aircraft
Please note that rights registered to an aircraft will stay with the aircraft. Read more about registered rights here (Swedish only).