Air navigation services
The section Air Navigation Services (ANS) of the Swedish Transport Agency is responsible for the following areas:
- Air Traffic Services (ATS)
- Aeronautical Information Services (AIS)
- Meteorological Services for Air Navigation (MET)
- Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS)
- Airspace Management (ASM)
- Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM)
- Search and Rescue (SAR)
Air Traffic Management (ATM) is the generic term for ATS, ASM and ATFM.
The objectives of the Air Navigation Services are to secure and facilitate safe, regular and efficient air traffic operations.
The Swedish Transport Agency issues national aviation regulations. The regulations concerning ANS are largely based on standards that have been adopted within international aviation organisations such as ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
The ANS section within the Swedish Transport Agency issues approvals and certificates, and performs supervision and safety oversight of ANS providers.
The Swedish Transport Agency has been appointed as the Swedish NSA (National Supervisory Authority).