To register aircraft
An aircraft can be registered in Sweden if the owner is a Swedish citizen or a citizen within the EEA (European Economic Area).
New routine regarding registration and updating of emergency transmitter ELT406
As of March 1, 2022, the Swedish Maritime Administration is the responsible authority for handling owner/holder contact information for ELT406 for Swedish-registered civil aircraft.
At the same time that the Swedish Maritime Administration takes over responsibility, new routines are introduced which mean that an owner/holder is responsible for administering (registering and updating) their information about ELT406 in the International Beacon Registration Database (IBRD).
Read more about the new routine and registering emergency transmitters on the Swedish Maritime Administration's website.
The Swedish Transport Agency can approve registration of aircraft in Sweden, even if the requirement above is not met. This type of approval can only be given if the aircraft is generally used with Sweden as a base.
The following documents are needed for registration
- Ansökan om registrering (L 1356) (Application for registration, Swedish only), original document
- Fångeshandling (L 1691) /Swedish only) or Bill of Sale (L 1686). Original document or a certified true copy.
- Certificate of de-registration from the authority of the exporting country. Email or fax: +46 11 18 98 35.
- Certificate from Amtsgericht in Braunschweig which states that, at the time of de-registration, the aircraft is not charged with anyrecorded rights – original document (concerns aircraft from Germany only).
- Certificate of insurance according to Regulation (EC) No 785/2004, which shows the Swedish registration mark (original document or certified true copy). The insurance company must be approved by Finansinspektionen.
- Photo of the aircraft's manufacturing plate. The plate shall show, amongst other things, manufacturer, type designator and serial number.
- Application for Exemption (only for companies or citizens with a nationality outside of the EEA) – original document.
We will also need the following documents of authority for:
Certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office, showing authorised signatories for the company. This document needs to be original document or certified true copy, and no older than 6 months.
For foreign companies, a document is required which is equivalent to the certificate of registration from the Swedish Companies Registration Office, or authentic documents where the country's notary public confirms the existence and authorised signatories of the company . This document needs to be the original document and can be no older than 6 months.
- Extract from minutes showing authorised signatories of the club . This document needs to be an original document or certified true copy and can be no older than 12 months.
- Statutes (required if the flying club has just been formed or if the statutes have been updated).
- Birth certificate which shows citizenship. This document needs to be the original document or a certified true copy and can be no older than 12 months.
- Foreign citizens: a certified true copy of a valid passport.
Inskrivningar i luftfartyg (Registration of rights in aircraft, Swedish only)
Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS)