You are not yourself entitled to request a coordination number. At the same time as you apply for a driving licence permit the Swedish Transport Agency may request that you be given a coordination number. You can only be given a coordination number if there is no uncertainty concerning your identity. This means, therefore, that you must have a valid identity document, for example a passport, in order for you to be given a coordination number. You do not need to be registered in Sweden but if you intend to take a driving licence you must have an address. Should you have any further questions regarding national registration or coordination numbers, please consult the Swedish Tax Agency.