FAQ concerning vehicles registered abroad

This section includes the most common questions and answers about vehicles registered abroad.

No, you must apply for temporary registration in order to be able to drive the vehicle before you have passed a roadworthiness test and have registered it. Otherwise, you must transport the vehicle using a trailer.

Yes, provided it is for temporary use. The term of hire may not exceed one year, as you, who are the person who then hires the vehicle, are regarded to be its owner.

Your true place of residence must be established. Do you live in Sweden for most of the year, or in France? In both cases, your residence (at least 185 days of a calendar year) must be abroad for most of the year for your true residence to be considered to be abroad.