AUPRT regulations update
A short update about the amendment to Part-FCL which came in to force on January 12th 2021 concerning AUPRT.
On December 16th 2020, a decision was made concerning COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2020/2193 and one of the changes made was the requirements for AUPRT. The change is relevant for all those who apply for a first MPA or SP HPA typerating, where it is now allowed to credit the AUPRT course with certain previous experience.
The way FCL.720.A b) 5) is written after the update of January 12th 2021 is;
Have completed the training course specified in point FCL.745.A, unless they comply with any of the following:
- (i) they completed, within the preceding 3 years, the training and checking in accordance with points ORO.FC.220 and ORO.FC.230 of Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012;
- (ii) (ii) they have completed the training specified in point FCL.915(e)(1)(ii).’;
In practice this means that an applicant for a first MPA or SP HPA who, in the three year period preceding the application, has completed all the training and checking in ORO. FC.220 (Operator conversion training and checking) and ORO.FC.230 (Recurrent training and checking) will be able to credit the AUPRT course. If an applicant decides to claim previous experience in accordance with FCL.720.A b) 5), a course completion document must be attached to the application.
Option (ii) above relates to an instructor course for AUPRT instructors, a course completion document must be attached to the application in the same way as for option (i).
Form 7077 is updated with the following information on page 10 in order to make your work a bit easier
AUPRT is required according to the table below and a certificate or verification of training/checking must be attached to the application.
|First typerating||AUPRT required|
|MPA→MPA||AUPRT not required (credited)|
|SP HPA→SP HPA||AUPRT not required (credited)|
|SP HPA →MPA||AUPRT required *|
|MPA→SP HPA||AUPRT required *|
* An Advanced UPRT course is not required for a pilot who, within the three preceding years, has completed one of the following;
- all the training and checking items in accordance with points ORO.FC.220 and ORO.FC.230 of Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation (EU) No 965/2012 or;
- completed the training for an AUPRT instructor specified in point FCL.915(e)(1)(ii).
Applicants who wish to convert a third-country type rating into a Part-FCL type rating need to comply with the advanced UPRT prerequisite
Are you satisfied with the information on this page?
Thank you for giving us feedback!