Control sticker discontinued
The system for vehicle control stickers in Sweden discontinued as of 1 January 2010. This was followed a decision by the Swedish government during the autumn 2009.
A control sticker has previously signified that you have valid traffic insurance, the vehicle tax has been paid and the vehicle has passed its safety inspection. Now you will have to keep track of these things yourself, without the control sticker.
You may leave the old sticker on your number plate but it will no longer serve any purpose.
Off road notification as before
You are able to make an off road notification in the same three ways as before:
- online via our service Make an off road notification for a vehicle (in Swedish only)
- via a service telephone (in Swedish only) on +46 (0)771-25 25 25
- in writing on your registration certificate
Scratch code no longer used
The scratch code from the control sticker is no longer being used for off road notification. Instead use:
- the authorisation code on the registration certificate plus the registration number
- confirm your authorisation using digital ID (only if making an off road notification online)