I have been charged incorrectly for congestion tax. What should I do?

If you, as a tax subject, consider that a tax decision for congestion tax is incorrect, you can send a request for reconsideration by letter, fax or e-mail to the Swedish Tax Agency. Send your request to:

The Swedish Tax Agency
Congestion Tax Section
SE-701 87 Örebro, Sweden
Fax: +46 (0)10-574 51 80
E-mail: fordon@skatteverket.se 

The request for reconsideration should include the following:

  • the vehicle's registration number,
  • the date of the tax decision,
  • the reason for your reconsideration request,
  • your name and your address.

The request for reconsideration should have been received by the Swedish Tax Agency no later than 60 days after the date on which the first decision in the matter was made.